WHAT’S IN MY AFTER THE BEACH BAG
Freshening up after a long day at the beach before heading for a bite to eat with family or friends can be a breeze if you have the right stuff. I always keep a “after the beach bag” in the trunk of my car so that I’m prepared at all times. The contents of the bag are simple. Fresh towel, shampoo + conditoner, facial towelettes, toothbrush and toothpaste, hand sanitizer, lotion, and a few simple cosmetics. Everything is inexpensive because it’s sitting in a trunk everyday and things get left behind or borrowed and not returned. When it’s time to switch out cosmetics, i opt for travel size products that I’ve received through gift with purchase or inexpensive purchases.
Here’s a list of the contents of my 2012 summer “after the beach bag”:
1. VO5 shampoo + conditioner (Not meant for a deep lather but a quick run through and rinse to refresh the scalp and hair)
2. Fresh towel (If you don’t have this, you will be toweling off with the towel that was laying on the ground)
3. Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Facial Towelettes (I’ve used facial cleanser as well but this is easier and quicker)
4. Surfer’s Salve (This is an all purpose product. Love this stuff. I also carry this in my everyday bag. Good for lips, dry skin, cuticles and bug bites)
5. Travel toothbrush and toothpaste (I will use this if I can do so discretely)
6. Clinique moisture surge (This can be used everywhere including your face)
7. Cosmetic bag includes: (eyelash curler, Lancome Definicils mascara, Lancome Le Crayon Khol and Dream Bouncy Blush) The mascara gets changed after several months of use and the eyeliner gets sharpened frequently. Fingers are used for smudging the liner and applying blush. I do not share these things.
8. Hand sanitizer (Super important because beach bathrooms have so much germs and there’s no antibacterial soap readily available)